Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Jangkar 2.0


If someone ask me to go hiking last year, the answer will be a big 'HELL NO'. But somehow I managed to slide hiking into my short list of hobbies this year. For most of my Facebook friends who has seen the pictures that I uploaded will probably know that I've been to the Jangkar waterfall back in April, but yet I still came back, 5 months later.

Things were a bit different this time around. We hiking up stream via the rocky river, jumping from rock to rock. And this time, rather than just swim underneath and stare up at the giant waterfall, I actually climbed up the waterfall, which was about 3 to 4 stories high. The view from above was SPECTACULAR! You can see the clear sky, the horizon, as if everything was just at the bottom of your feet. Plus, there's another waterfall up there, not as big as the first one, but still a great place to swim.

At the end of the day, we were at exhausted, some even got sunburn, including me. But it was memories made, it was another brand new experience. A big thank to Susan (the girl standing beside me in the pic above) for organizing this trip, I look forward to our next adventure :)

Top of the waterfall
The waterfall & me, back in April 2012

No comments: