Saturday, August 27, 2011

A Concert? A Movie? A Concert Movie?

My first reaction was  'WTF' when they announced that they were making a Justin Bieber movie, or was it was concert? That's right, it's a concert movie! WTF was that? And in 3D!? It's annoying enough listening to him sing and seeing him in 2D, but now in 3D!? This has definitely push annoying to a new level.

The only concert movie that I was willing to spend my dough on will have to be Mommy Monster (done that on TV) or Brit Brit or Riri or Kitty Purry. Now those gals can make 4 or 5 concert movie for all that matters. But when the new about a Glee concert movie roll in, I wasn't shocked at all, I shoulda have seen this coming and I'm glad it did.


So, is it a movie? Sorta, but most of the stories were about real life losers and how Glee has changed their life. The Glee cast does all the singing live, well at least most of them, if you were a gleek you'll know who doesn't sing at all (hint: Hawt Asian). But at least he dance. They sang most of their famous show tunes, from Broadway numbers to chart topper covers, and in 3D! This is more than any gleeks could ask for.

Just don't expect to see any Glee storyline here. Just the singing. And dancing. I guess this movie, or concert movie came out just in time, because all of the gleeks have been gleeless because the new season of Glee will only return to the flat screen next month. This is just what us gleeks need. The movie would be much much more perfect if Mr Schue and Couch Sue Sylvester were in it too. But it's only the kids. And why the fuck didn't Tina gets a solo, almost everyone has a solo, or at least a duet. 

The Wablers were there too, and there's this mini Asian Wabler who sorta thinks he's Blaine but I gotta give it to this little guy, he's pretty awesome and adorable. I could almost sang to every song the cast sang, I wanna stand up and make believe that it was a concert, but I might risk getting kicked out of the cinema. So, the only thing I could do was mining along in the dark. Hey, what can I do? I'm a gleek. 
 

No comments: