Sunday, September 11, 2011

Lost In Paradise

Okay, I'm a big fan of Evanescene, not because that I'm into emo or punk or metal or whatever you may call it. I just love Amy Lee (the lead singer)'s voice. She got herself a huge set of pipe, in my opinion, she's the emo version of Kelly Clarkson, which reminds me that Kelly once turn emo too on her My December album, which in turn sounds evanescene-ish, but not in a bad way.

So Evanescence has return to the music scene since their last hiatus, with their up coming self-title album, which had a lazy cover art work (no Amy Lee on the cover!? WTF?). The first single 'What You Want' was an instant hit, and the music video is yet soon to premier. The shocker comes when the standard edition of their album leaked online, ONE MONTH before its original release date. Never mind. We still have the deluxe edition to look forward to lol.



As usual, Evanescence delivered a solid effort. But the track that attracted my attention the most is the only ballad on the album 'Lost In Paradise'. Evanescence's ballads has always been rare, but has always been their best, for example 'My Immortal'. 'Lost In Paradise' is not like 'My Immortal ' 2.0, it's much better, but really, I don't wanna compare these two tracks, they are both my fav.



Fans knew Amy Lee's vocal can shot sky high and she is definitely a power house, but in this rare piano driven ballad, she held back on her vocal but the emotions shine and sink in in time. I can't stop playing this track, even if I'm not in a state of emo. The lyric and feeling is so universal. This track needs a single treatment so bad indeed. Check it out, if your interested. If not, just move on.


No comments: