Sunday, October 23, 2011

2nd Time Around: My Melaka Dream

There's something between me and Melaka, something that I just can't explain. I used to read about it in History class but I never dream that I could one day actually came here, to see with my very own eyes what remains and what it has become. It's pretty crowded with tourists but looking at its bits and pieces kinda make me sad, because who would have thought that a force so powerful in south east Asia would became just a tourist attraction. I guess everything came so quickly for Melaka, but it also ended as quickly as it begins.

While playing tourist there, I kinda really feel sad for Melaka. But hey, when I came here for the first time, I just couldn't get enough of it, not just the food, but the whole place. So, I really wish that I could come here again, and I did. So basically, I'm just gonna show you what I have been up to while I was there. There's no real life adventure, no romance and no people getting killed. Just pictures.

I actually went inside the church for once.






The cannon used to aim fire at enemies on the Melaka River. Now, it just aims at the shops.
I thought they only have this in London. Kinda cool, and the horse actually pooped while some tourist was taking pictures with it. Major lol-ness.
The oldest well in west Malaysia, built for a princess for China (Yeah, you know the story). Word has it that it never dried up. 
If you climb up the hill, you can pretty much see the whole town, even the port and ships. Of course, there's the historical St. Paul Church up there.
St. Paul Church, or its remains.
Me!
St. Paul
I was surprised to found this just behind Dataran Pahlawan, and on the foot of St. Paul Hill.
The Melaka Sultan Museum. The building's kinda cool but there's really not much to see inside here. Just mannequins and fake artifacts. 
The Dutch Graveyard. They never made it home. RIP.
It's pretty small, doubt it really work.
Jonker Walk. It's lifeless on week days. But when it's T.G.I.F., the actions begins!
Lastly, this is to die for! Durian puff! It'd only last a few hours once it's out of the frige. I still dream it sometimes lol.

So, some people have been asking me why aren't there any people in those photos. The reason is that we came as a group but we kinda went our separate way in Melaka. I kinda wonder off alone to find these places, and a big thanks goes to my Iphone and its maps. For those who said Iphone's gps sucks, I'll prove you wrong. Will I come back for the 3rd time? You can definitely count on that. Durian puffs, I'll come back for you lol

2 comments:

KimYau said...

I like your photo!

Josh said...

Thanks. My iphone will be so proud lol