Monday, October 10, 2011

Crawling Back To You


So what if you made it to the top three on American Idol just to get your butt kicked by two singers who turn out to sell less record that you do. The whole point of these reality TV show is the exposure. Once viewers have seen you and heard you and they liked you, then you're paving your own golden brick road to stardom.

That's why happen to Chris Daughtry won came in 3rd place on American Idol. I thought he was good but I was rooting for Katherine Mcphee back then because I was hoping she'd be Kelly Clarkson 2.0, and I thought wrong. Taylor Hick won but the only two Taylor people remember these days are Taylor Swift and Taylor Lautner, which ironically broke up back in December. Plus, Taylor H. and Katherince M. both came out with flopping albums. But it was Daughtry who really stand out in the music industry. He was the first real rocker who came from Idols and he made it big. Real Big.




When his first single 'It's Not Over' came out, it became a instant hit and one of my favorite rock song on my playlist. The whole world heard him and I believed he made his point when he said 'It's not over, I'm gonna do it right this time around'. Then their second record came along, which was okay but I'm not impressed because there weren't much improvement. This year, Daughtry will be releasing their 3rd album next month, and they've already hitting the air wave with their first single 'Crawling Back To You' which in my opinion was a typical Daughtry song, the only other band who could sang it probably will be Nickelback. Their only difference is Chad's sounds older but Chris's sounds younger.

I haven't heard any news yet about the video but the song's growing on me, kinda like Kelly's Mr Know it all, which I found myself humming sometimes. If the video's amazing enough, maybe this song will be a keeper. Maybe then I'll be crawling back to them again. But until then, I still think that they made a wrong choice when they gave 'Drown In You' to the new Batman movie OST. Damn, that song is a killer and should definitely be a first single. Now I just gotta watch the damn Batman movie. 


No comments: