Thursday, October 13, 2011

Put The Pedal To The Medal

Okay, most of my Facebook friends knew that I'm currently roaming the street of Malacca with my trusty Iphone which is still running on IOS 4. But I'll save all that details for another post. So, if you wanna read on, please bare with me for a few minutes because I'm going to share a bit of my thoughts about Real Steel, the Hugh Jackman movie. Yes, the wolverine guy who has a real hell of a body.

Real Steel premiered today and I went and watched. If there's Hugh Jackman in it, you betcha I'll be there. So, the story goes like this: Sometime in the near future, around the year 2020, and I doubt that Malaysia has achieved its vision, there's no more WWE or WWF or what so ever wrestling competition. They replaced the real people who fight while wearing only their underwear with, get this. Robots! No, not your Transformer-type of robot, their version is much more realistic and they don't turn into cars or other machinery.

The dad, the underdog robot & the kid



This has gotta be the easiest movie Hugh Jackman has ever laid his sexy hands on, because there's no claws fight, no shirtless scene (he only took off his shirt for 5 seconds and that doesn't count!) and no sex scene! Common, it's Hugh Jackman! Make him take his shirt off! But what we got is Hugh playing a messed up dad, a former wrestler, who ended up with his kid his ex left behind (she died).

For those who watched anime, Real Steel is like an adult version of the Medabot anime. Hugh's kid in the movie found a 2nd generation robot in a junkyard and took it home with him. As predictable as the script were written, that robot, who's name was Atom, was an underdog. What do a underdog do in a movie, they eventually rise to the challenge and became a star! There you have it! When Max (the kid) challenged Zeus, the meanie robot, you can bet all of saving that Atom will win, one way or another. Spoiler: It was a tied, Zeus still won the fight from the score of the judges, but the crowd has fallen head over heel for Atom, the underdog who stood up to the unbeatable Zeus.

Go out there & fight like a robot coz I ain't taking my shirt off!
Still, it's a shame that Hugh Jackman has no proper shirtless scene in it. Maybe they should make a sequel, this time they should call it Real Meat instead! And keep Hugh Jackman.        

No comments: