Saturday, November 5, 2011

On The Way Home

No, I don't mean me. I'm still stuck here.
But most of the students already went home
for the holidays.
I'd be lying if I'm saying I don't miss home,
but when I was doing my occasional stalking on facebook,
I saw someone posted this picture,
and it looks kinda familiar.
It was taken by one of my friend's sister,
I guess she was on her way home too.
This is the bridge that link the town that I lived in,
to the outside world.
Yes, there's this river separating my town 
and it's nearest neighboring town.
Before the bridge was built,
people can only crossed the river via the ferry service.
I remembered the long queue of vehicles
waiting to board the ferry back then.
I wonder where the ferry went.
Seeing this bridge reminds me of how close
my home was after the bridge.
and when I saw the bridge,
I know that home is just around the corner.
Thanks Zyneelia for snapping this pic,
it does temporary eased my homesick.


No comments: