Sunday, December 25, 2011

The Bruno Mars Curse

A few weeks ago, I can't stop singing Bruno Mars's It Will Rain, because every time I sang it, it does rain. Maybe it's some kind of curse. I stopped singing that song after a while, part of it is because it's getting a bit boring, and the other part is because I'm sick of the rain. Because when it rains, sometime it floods.

People at the United State get snow on Xmas day, which was today, according to our Malaysian time. But in the tropical country of Malaysian, sometimes we get rain, and that's what my hometown got this year for Xmas. Another flood. Yes, it's not our first time being flooded. It happen once a few years back, it was during Chinese New Year.

The Xmas Flood 2011

So history repeats itself again, and this time just in time for Xmas. Thanks to the power of Facebook, my wall feed was flooded with so many pictures of, well, the flood. The tide must be high too, giving the flood some extra dose. Gosh, I really felt sorry for those who got their Xmas plans ruined by this flood. Hopefully no one got hurt in this wet situation.

I knew my house was safe from the flood, because if the flood reached my house, the most of the town would be under water by then. But I called to check in with my mom just in case. Yup, the house was safe. But I can still hear the heavy downpour through the phone. My mom told me that the rain hasn't stopped since last night, and I guess it is still raining now while I'm typing this post.

Blame it on Bruno Mars? Nah. Blame it on global warming? Maybe. But still, I'm calling it the Bruno Mars curse. I just the flood will fade away in time for the new year, and that everyone in town is safe and sound.

But til then, merry Xmas.

The river is just up ahead

Taken by my lil bro

No comments: