Saturday, December 3, 2011

Going Back To School

On the 2nd day of December, I went to back to school, the school where I did my teaching practice from May til' August, just to get a signature from the principal. I know I did promise a few students that I would drop by sometime but eventually that never happen even if it's just walking distance from my university. Now, that I did went back, there were only a few students there, doing running practice on the field, the rest are now on their holiday break.

Gosh, I remember those days where I thought doing teaching practice was like a never ending unpleasant dream, I wouldn't say nightmare because it ain't that scary, it's just tiring. For 4 months, I've been many things here: an illegal motorcyclist, a raging teaching dealing with some devil spawns, a slave to the school management and so on. Now that it's over, I kinda miss being all those things. Oh yes, the school mention here is called SMJK Katholik Tanjong Malim.

The entrance



Come to think of it, I never did took the time to take some snapshots of the school, because we weren't required to do so for our teaching practice, and I was just too busy. So, after getting Pn. Teng's signature (she was 'tutoring' her daughter with some her maths, poor kid lol) I went around and took some pictures of the school, because when I finish my study in January, I'd only come back here after another 6 months or so or my graduation ceremony.

The field
The corridor outside the teacher's office
The other end of the corridor
The pathway to the Form 4 and Form 5 classes

The canteen, loves the food here, and the canteen lady is so nice.

The words of wisdom section on the notice board which I do every fortnight.
It's a shame that the teachers weren't there at that time. I never had the chance to take a photo with them. They were the nicest teachers any trainee teacher could ask for. I'm gonna miss them, there's Cikgu Man, the afternoon session PK, the students called him 'The Beast' because he's nice as hell as long as you don't piss him off, and he's such a talkative and funny old guy. And then there's Cikgu Yus, the discipline teacher who seldom wear formal clothing to school, I owed him big time because he said that I can always send some students for his safekeeping when I was observed and I did. There's also Kak Nurul, the drama queen, her voice and laughter is so bubbly and whenever she's in the office, silence will have no place to stand. Not forgetting the pretty Kak Lydia who's a pro when it comes to photoshop, Kak Ton and Kak Yan whom I respect so much, and Cikgu Mani too, he's Shakir guidance teacher and he's so cool and helpful with Shakir and it made me wish that he would be my guidance teacher too lol. Guess teaching in a small school does have it perks. I'm gonna miss those recess time where we all gathered around in the office and dug into some old fashion cucur pisang and other kuih.   


No comments: