Sunday, December 11, 2011

A Date With Arts

It was not my typical Sunday where I will mostly get nothing done and just goof around til Monday come. I actually had a date with, drums roll please, yes, with arts. I admire arts and those who associate themselves with art, especially where there's a good cause involved.

At Central Market
I can hear these walls singing 'I'm pretty and I know it' lol
Loves these two painting
During Human Rights Day, which is celebrated annually across the globe on 10th December, an art expo called 'Arts For Grab' was held at one of the art gallery at Central Market in conjunction with this meaningful day. It's not just an art expo, which usually involved starring and buying stuff that you like, you can actually help make a difference by signing some petition to help change and maybe save the life of some people who was unfairly treated and being ripped off their human rights.



A simple signature goes a long way
The avenue may be small, but there are more than meets the eyes

Posters For Sale
This I Like
Give Vui Kong A 2nd Chance



No Death Penalty! An eye for an eye makes the world go blind

The process of death penalty, the timeline
After the art expo, it was our main agenda of the day. We're going to see the theater performance of  'The Animal Farm' was a an adaptation from the famous book under the same tittle. Today was the last day of the production showing at KLpac (The Kuala Lumpur Performing Arts Center). It was real surprise when there was actually no stage there in the production. The theater took place in a room, almost like the choir room in Glee, but actually a giant cage to be exact. So the performers are performing in front of you. Cool.

The Poster
KLpac
The main characters are all animal, but they do have fancy animal costumes on, but they sort of express their inner beast through their acting skills. I gave them my standing applause, well, I did it in my mind. They were really good, especially the fat lady who played the pig, and also to the hunky stallion who I wish I could ride on any given day. There were only 7 actors/ actress on this production and sometime they need to switch in between characters, so without changing their costume, they really just have their acting skills to depend on. And they did manage to pull it off pretty well. We weren't allowed to take picture during the performance, so the picture bellow aint't from me.

The Animals
Gosh, a Sunday like this really brings back a lot of memories. I just realized how much I missed theater. I accidentally join my school theater club when I was 13 and this accident turned out to be a bliss. The theater club lasted for 3 years, before the one of the teacher moved away. We had our fair share of production, and I've played some pretty crazy character: A witch doctor, a Japanese commander, a rabbit (don't ask why) and a bold held headed thief. I missed the training, the teamwork and performing on stage. The same goes with painting. I actually asked my dad to send me to a drawing and painting tuition class because I love it and I wanted to get better at it. Ever since that, I rarely get a B for my art class. But when I entered Form 4, I was automatically placed in the science class due to my flying-colour-result. As a result, I gave up the actual colour that I liked.

I used to dream off becoming a painting artist or a performing actors. Sometimes, we let reality gets the best of our dream. So, dear art, though I'm gonna miss you, I'll forget it and let it go. But you'll still be a part of my life.
   

No comments: