Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Our Collective Memory

Red & White & All That's In Between

When we get older, somewhere in our 40s, we will endure something we call 'Midlife-crisis '. Well, though there's still a long way to go before we hit that milestone, I'm considering the situation that we're in this moment, a 'Mid-graduation-crisis',where we're on the ledge of letting our student identity, but yet trying to hold on to the best of it. So, sometimes we attempt to relive those moments all over again, and we did it yesterday, by going back to the lake. It was 2 years ago since we last came here. We came back.


Thanks to Shing Ning for organizing this events, and for grouping up all 20 of us. 2 years ago, there were only a few of us, but as time moves on, we get to know better those who are around us thus new bonds were form (sounds scientific right lol). So, for the 2nd time around there were about 20 of us this time. It's like a big family thought we're not biological related. And yes, before I forgot, the lake actually has a name, and it goes by the name 'Tasik Lembayung', and not 'Tasik Proton City'. Thanks foursquare fortelling me that.


2 years ago, I came here with the simple intention just to explore this new terrain. 2 years later, I came back to relive some of the moments, and part me is saying good by to all of the changes I have experienced along the way. This is not just a farewell, this is just a proof that some changes is just inevitable. The trees have grown and we can't actually re-create the photograph take 2 years back. So, we take new ones.

Seeing all of you here, really meant a lot to me. I dare say I didn't really learn much academically in this university, but I did meet some hell of a good friends. But, whether you notice it or not, I've changed too. I've let go of some people who aren't worth holding on to, and spent their quota of my time on those who I loved and loved me back. This is just how life rolls. This is nothing but our collective memory, good or bad.


     




My favorite photo that day.


2 comments:

KimYau said...

人到了一个阶段就会开始制造回忆。
这个状况有时我也说不清。

Josh said...

好想像Glee说的那样,hold on to 16... 高歌We are young...