Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The Season Of Convocation


Well, it's not my turn yet. It's just that the fact that I'll be graduating soon has taken a bit of toll on me. This past 2 weeks has been like a roller coaster ride, so much has happen and my blog post can't really keep up with all of these events. Speaking of convocation, I actually attended my very first one last week, as a seated guest with a proper invitation. It was Benson's convo.

At UTM International Campus at KL

This has got to be the earliest convo ever, I mean, registration before 7.30a.m, and finish around 10.30a.m. It ain't that easy though, the graduates all gotta go through the rehearsal, trying out their robe, long queue to pay for their photo. I went through all of that with Benson and man it's tiring. But I know it was worth it, because how many time actually do you get to graduate? A moment like this is doesn't really come around twice. So, I felt really proud of him. Congratz!

Benson and I came a long way. We meet like 9 years ago, we were both involved the Mooncake Festival Night Show, he was one of the dancer and singer, while I was one of the actor for the play. We spent a lot of time rehearsing together, and eventually we started hanging out and we never lose contact ever since. He was a really cool senior, hilarious and really spontaneous for most of the time, but yet he is still among the few who can really scare the shit out of me just by telling a ghost story.

I have always thought of him as the big sister that I never had. Seriously, he can be so dramatic at sometimes and sometimes bosses me around to do this and that. But I don't mind, because I know that I can count on him too. Gosh, I really missed those days when we hangout till way past midnight, and those afternoon when we went for a dip in the river, the whole bunch of us. So, hanging out with him those past few days was really fun, who would have thought after a couple of years, we would somehow meet up again in KL. Guess it's just another surprise from Life itself.


Benson & Me

Silly pose #1
The graduate & under-graduate
Silly pose #2
Me, Benson, my sis & Yee Min, at Neway singing til the morn'

p/s Benson has banned me from posting these pics on facebook, but I guess he didn't say that I couldn't do so on my blog lol

No comments: